Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Luckiest Girl in the World

Sometimes I forget that I'm the luckiest girl in the world...God has blessed me FAR more richly than I deserve. I'm married to the most patient and kind man in the world and have two fabulous young adult children (boy that makes me feel old), a good solid career, friends...a strong faith and I'm fairly intelligent even though I don't appear so at times.

I truly believe that people are about as happy as they decide to be and the small things can make the biggest difference. I work with children quite often who are the happiest things in the world considering that they have so little in the way of resources...loving human resources or material resources or both. I work with parents who are quite often limited in many different ways....it is entirely possible to make their day with a simple handshake and smile or a few minutes of my time. That, in turn, makes ME happy.

Today was cooler than usual for our neck of the woods and I joyfully walked into our little coffee shop to get my first chai tea latte of the season. I wasn't just happy...I was in a state of BLISS! Earlier this evening, I sat on the sofa in our family room and threw a handmade afghan over my legs and said to my husband, "I feel so happy." Yes, the little things can make all the difference.

2 comments:

Scarlet O'Kara said...

Yes...the simple things do mean alot...

Thanks for the reminder.

Caffeine Court said...

It is nice to have a chill in the air! I put on a pair of corduroys and sipped my first latte of the season today...it was wonderful.