Friday, September 26, 2008

Donuts With My Grandpa ~

When I was a little girl, one of my most favorite things to do was go to the local donut shop with my grandpa. I remember telling him, "when I get bigger, I'm gonna be a Dunkin Donuts Girl" so that I could be his server. To this day, I remember what he would ordered...two old fashion cake donuts and a cup of black coffee. I had the powered sugar covered jelly filled donut and hot chocolate with whipped cream & a maraschino cherry.

Grandpa has been dead over 13 years, but I still cannot pass Dunkin Donuts without thinking of him and how much I wanted to work there. I still get his favorite order for him...only this time, I leave it on his grave stone.

3 comments:

Caffeine Court said...

What a great memory! My Grandpa would bring us for donuts too!

I worked at Dunkin' Donuts when I was in HS. I was a doughnut finisher, I filled them with jelly and put sugar and sprinkles on them!

Scarlet O'Kara said...

So you had my dream job!

Linda S said...

that's really sweet! I love memories like that!