I'm a mom of three amazingly funny kids. They are 5, 7, and my oldest will be 9 on Monday. I have no particular areas of expertise in life, other than being able to find the humor in most any situation at all. My son was born with a congenital heart defect, has had two open heart surgeries and three heart caths, so I guess I know a little bit about that stuff.
I've been married for almost 12 years, and I'm only 32. I was a child bride, of sorts, and no I'm not from Kentucky. Sorry, had to say it.
Okay, so, I see that we're talking about the things that make us happy. That's a funny subject to me (it kinda makes me happy). When my kids were probably 2, 4, and 6 we made a list of the things that made us happy. I printed them out, and we cut and pasted them onto a poster to look at on rainy days. Here's a partial list:
- The smell of rain on the dusty ground.
- A hot cup of coffee in bed.
- My kids unexpectedly telling me I'm beautiful.
- My husband unexpectedly bringing me a flower. Not flowerS, mind you. Just...one.
- A really good glass of red zinfandel on the couch with my husband.
- Making a new friend, reconnecting with an old friend, and cherishing both.
- Nonfat lattes.
- Big sunglasses.
- Rocket Dog tennis shoes.
- Trips to New Orleans.
There are so many more, but I think I've hogged the floor long enough!