Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Hey wait for me!!!

Okay, I'm just getting here, and am totally thrilled with getting involved with this project! You can call me Sass, or Sassy. My husband calls me Sassafras, Sassalicious, or Sweet Sassy M'Lassie. Now that that's out of the way...

I'm a mom of three amazingly funny kids. They are 5, 7, and my oldest will be 9 on Monday. I have no particular areas of expertise in life, other than being able to find the humor in most any situation at all. My son was born with a congenital heart defect, has had two open heart surgeries and three heart caths, so I guess I know a little bit about that stuff.

I've been married for almost 12 years, and I'm only 32. I was a child bride, of sorts, and no I'm not from Kentucky. Sorry, had to say it.

Okay, so, I see that we're talking about the things that make us happy. That's a funny subject to me (it kinda makes me happy). When my kids were probably 2, 4, and 6 we made a list of the things that made us happy. I printed them out, and we cut and pasted them onto a poster to look at on rainy days. Here's a partial list:
  • The smell of rain on the dusty ground.
  • A hot cup of coffee in bed.
  • My kids unexpectedly telling me I'm beautiful.
  • My husband unexpectedly bringing me a flower. Not flowerS, mind you. Just...one.
  • A really good glass of red zinfandel on the couch with my husband.
  • Making a new friend, reconnecting with an old friend, and cherishing both.
  • Nonfat lattes.
  • Big sunglasses.
  • Sunflowers.
  • Rocket Dog tennis shoes.
  • Trips to New Orleans.

There are so many more, but I think I've hogged the floor long enough!

3 comments:

Scarlet O'Kara said...

Nice to meet you Ms. Sassy! Alot of those make me happy too...

Caffeine Court said...

Welcome aboard. Wow, I'm an old maid, I didn't get married until I was 33.

I was busy sowing my wild oats, now that that's out of the way I can be a boring old suburban housewife.

MsMVNJ said...

A cup of coffee in bed is heaven, isn't it??