Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Choices

I am registered as an independent. I cannot understand how people can choose a party and come hell or highwater they will never budge from that choice.

There have been good and bad Presidents from both parties. During the campaign the candidates say what they feel the majority wants to hear and time and time again campaign promises fall by the wayside.

I am going to vote for Barack Obama. Now please try to stay calm ....I firmly believe that it is time for an Afro American president. He is very intelligent, a great speaker and will bring much needed changes in our government.

I went to see Sarah Palin on Sunday when she visited my community. She has a beautiful family and is a great speaker. Her views on abortion really concern me. In the case of incest or rape no woman should be forced to continue her pregnancy. Sarah is a very strong woman but what about a young teenager who isn't emotionally able to handle this. A woman in this situation has suffered enough trauma.

I am very anxious to hear all the candidates in a debate I feel that can be very telling.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are sooooo right about the partisan BS. It only pegs you to choose one. Vote for the individual, not the party!!! Right on!