Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Greetings From Asbury Park....

No wait, that's a Sprinsteen album. Greetings from NJ everyone. I'm MsMVNJ from Living Graciously in 3/4 Time. I'm a 46 year old divorced mom to two teenagers, ages 14 and 17. I work in the IT industry as an analyst - I get paid to express my opinion - but only about software. I'm from a very liberal family. Our joke was the Holy Trinity in our household was JFK, MLK and RFK. I still am usually on the left side of the aisle, however, being a mother and a single one at that has me looking at things from a centrist's point of view from time to time. I love my country, despite all of the scary activities happening today, where else would I rather be? Like any parent, I want every opportunity for my kids - especially because my eldest is autistic and that brings a new set of challenges every day.

I love to cook, play golf, see my family and friends as often as I can. I have a snarky sense of humor, I may tease the heck out of you, but I'm as loyal as they come. I have a rather diverse set of friends which hopefully will provide some entertainment for you all. I'm looking forward to active discussions!

Jill, can I be Whoopie sometimes???

5 comments:

Scarlet O'Kara said...

Welcome to the group. We're all just having a great time learning more about each other.

Caffeine Court said...

Welcome!

I'm always looking for ideas for topics..if you have any suggestions drop me an e-mail.

jillyou@comcast.net

I can't wait to get going on this!

Caffeine Court said...

Oh and by the way, of course you can be Whoopie. I don't really like any of "The View" gals, other than the Whoopster. Maybe I'll be Ellen DeGeneres.

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to checking out your blog!!

Jaina said...

Hi, great to meet you. I'm looking forward to all of our topics on here. I'll stop by your other blog soon to get to know you better. :)