Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Greeting From Sunny, FL!

This is Scarlet O'Kara from The Adventures of Scarlet O'Kara. Maybe on this blog I can know as my alter-ego, Julie The Cruise Director...




I am a SAHM in the twilight of my 30s...gasp! I will be married to my best friend for 10 years next month. We are parents to our Punkin Girls...Kyla, age 5...and Bryleigh, age 10 months. We are also Aunt & Uncle to countless nieces and nephews, both by blood and by love.

I am a Pennsylvania bred farm girl who had her childhood dream come true with a move to Sunny, FL. Have been here ever since, with two brief moves to the cold Midwest, because of my undying love for the husband, who is a Southern Illinois boy. Both times, he quickly came to his senses and we moved back. Now we have both vowed to live here until our Golden Years.

Besides my family and friends, I love my God...my Country...and my Gators! I was raised in various Christian Churches and feel at home in all of them. I was also raised Republican and like to say that I vote for the person who will do the best job. I spend time researching the candidates as well as what they can do for our wonderful Country. That means that I vote by my heart, not by my Party.

I love to cook and entertain. At least 3 - 4 times a week, I will have my entire family, as well as several friends over for dinner. Plus, if you ask my husband, I am always looking for a reason to celebrate with a party. Football season is the best because I can have 2 parties a weekend! Go Gators! Go Bucs!

If you want to know more about me...check out my 100 Things About Me post. Trust me, by the time you finish that, you will know more than you ever wanted to know about me...but hopefully you'll still like me.

Well, I guess that is enough for now...unless you have any questions.

3 comments:

Caffeine Court said...

I'm so glad you are joining our little blogging party!

I grew up in West Chester PA.

Whereabouts in Pennsylvania did you live?

Anonymous said...

And from whereabouts in So IL is hubby from? That's where I live. Nice to meet you!

Jaina said...

Hi Scarlet...or Julie? (which one should we call you?) Nice to meet you, I'll be by your other blog soon to get to know you better. :)