Tuesday, October 7, 2008

To be, or not to be?

I believe there is something to be said for the effect that some types of nuturing might have on forming a person’s sexual orientation. I would certainly not say that is the ONLY way that sexual orientation is formed. And certainly not the LEADING way that sexual orientation is formed. I just think there might be a correlation in some cases.

If you are a homosexual relationship, I believe the United States of America should offer you the same rights that other citizens who have formed a similar partnership enjoy. I can’t personally include 'holy matrimony' as one of those rights. I think God intended marriage as a sacrament between a man and a woman. I know a lot of you don't share that opinion, and that's ok. I can honestly see both sides to the argument, and will never really know this side of heaven whether I made the correct interpretation.

My children understand what being gay means. I'm not sure they know anyone that they are certain is gay. My husband has a co-worker who is in a relationship, and we have a great time with her and her partner on company trips. We have had some rousing discussions with both of them trying to swing me over to their way of thinking (politically, of course!!!).
.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Personally I think that gay marriage should be legal! But your opinion is your opinion! :) I personally would love to marry my partner legally. But I know in Ohio that may never be the case :(