Thursday, October 2, 2008

But Otherwise, I'm Really Easy To Get Along With

Mispronunciations and Bad Grammar ... make me cringe. Throw a "nuke-you-ler" or a "supposably" into a sentence, and I lose about 10 respect points for you.

Super-Happy People ... bug the living crap out of me. Maybe they really are that chipper all the time, but it always comes across as an act to me. I'm sarcastic and kind of snarky by nature, and I have trouble sustaining perkiness for more than three consecutive minutes. It makes me tired and, frankly, so do they.

Overly-Permissive Parents - You're making the rest of us look bad to our kids. Knock it off.

Two or More Gray Days in a Row - I have a hard enough time getting up in the morning when I've stayed up way too late watching reality television. Sun would be helpful.

Aggressive Drivers - Really? Riding my butt in traffic is going to get you there faster? Not when I slow waaaaay down because you're pissing me off.

Cleaning - I hate it with a passion normally reserved for things like land wars in Asia. HATE. HAAAATE. Are we clear?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good ones. I hate bad grammar and mispronounciation, too. I have a relative that calls a bowl a "bo" . I HATE IT!!!!!!

University of Iowa Meg said...

Overly permissive parents. Agreed. I don't have kids, but I have worked in schools, and babysat, etc. It is irritating to see that parents do nothing to parent their children!!! If/when I do have children, it will not be like that.

Jaina said...

Those are good ones. Though, I'm a pretty happy person, usually pretty positive. But I'm not one of those cheerleader type, in your face pep pep pep people. (no offense to any cheerleaders...)

Tina said...

Bad grammar is the worst!!!

Caffeine Court said...

Can I have an invite to read your blog???

jenn said...

Caffeine Court - definitely! Send me your email at jenn@arnola.com

I warn you though...it's mostly about my kids. :)

Anonymous said...

Cleaning and housekeeping suck! When I hit the lottery the first thing I'm doing is getting a maid.

Tickled Pink And Green said...

I hear Jimmy Carter pronounced it nu-cu-lar and he had a Nuclear Engineering degree! So apparently it's not just for the ignorant.

I think it must be a regional thing?

Anonymous said...

AHHH bad grammar gets me too! My kids are so tired of me correcting them it's not funny! But I have caught the 11 yr old correcting others too, so apparently its rubbing off;) LOL

jenn said...

I don't know what it is with "nucular", but when I was little, my dad was in the Air Force. He worked with sea-launch ballistic missiles, and he made damn sure we knew how to pronounce nuclear. LOL.

Scarlet O'Kara said...

I hate cleaning...and even have a note from my doctor that keeps me from it!

simplynotso said...

Nice job!!!